Stonehaven Thistle Cricket Club
Constitution of Stonehaven Thistle Cricket Club (Revised 2005)
1) The name of the club shall be the Stonehaven Thistle Cricket Club. Colours shall be White with Navy/Sky/Navy trim and the cap Navy Blue with a Green thistle as crest.
2) The object of the club shall be to play and promote cricket. The rules of play shall be those of Marylebone Cricket Club.
3) Membership is open to all persons and no application for membership will be refused on other than reasonable grounds. There will be no discrimination on grounds of race, occupation, sex or religious, political or other opinion.
Members will pay the subscriptions for Full, Playing, Junior or Associate Membership as determined at the Annual General Meeting. Junior Membership is for persons under eighteen years of age or who may be over that age but be bona fide students or apprentices.
The age of a member at 1st April in any year shall determine the rate of subscription payable for that year. Subscriptions shall fall due on 1st March in each year and shall be paid within one month of that date. Any Full member joining the Club after 1st July in any calendar year shall be required forthwith to pay half the appropriate subscription for that year. Any member in breach of the above terms will automatically be ineligible for selection.
4) The officials of the club shall be:
a) a President who shall preside at all meetings of the club and who shall have a casting as well as a deliberative vote. b) a Vice-President who shall preside in the absence of the President. c) a Secretary who shall call in accordance with this constitution and keep full and sufficient minutes of all meetings of the club and its executive committee. d) a Match Secretary who shall be responsible for arranging the fixtures of the club. e) a Treasurer who shall keep sufficient books to record the cash transactions of the club, which books shall be brought to a balance on the 31st December in each year. f) a Captain who shall lead the team on the field. g) a Vice-Captain who shall take over the Captain’s duties in his absence. h) a junior organiser responsible for developing cricket for the junior members.
In the event of the club fielding a second or other eleven a Captain and Vice-Captain shall be appointed for such eleven also. The same person may be elected to and hold not more than three of the above offices in the club at the same time, but the same person may not at the same time be President and Vice-President, nor may the same person be at the same time Captain and Vice-Captain.
5) The management of the club shall be in the hands of an executive committee consisting of the said officials of the club and not less than three or more than six other members. The executive committee shall have full power to transact all business connected with the management of the club including power to purchase or lease a playing ground, to employ and dismiss groundsmen and other necessary employees, to purchase and if necessary sell all equipment, to take steps to raise and collect funds for the club, to open and operate in such a manner as they consider necessary, banking account or accounts and to take all other action necessary to enable the club to operate efficiently, and with power to appoint sub-committees of its members for any special purpose connected with or to assist in the management of the club, and to co-opt a member or members to fill a vacancy or vacancies in the committee. The quorum of the committee shall be four. It shall meet at such times as are deemed necessary by the President or Secretary, and meetings shall be called by notice, verbal or written, by the Secretary to all its members.
6) The selection of teams shall be in the hands of a selection Committee to be appointed at the Annual General Meeting in each year.
7) A general meeting of the club shall be held annually at a date to be fixed by the executive committee between the 1st of January and the 1st of April in each year, at which meeting all the officials and executive and selection committees shall be elected, and the accounts for the preceding calendar year presented, and any other necessary business transacted. Subject to Rule 11 hereof no prior notice of motions to be made at such meeting shall be required at the Annual General Meeting. Only paid-up members are eligible to vote.
8) An extraordinary general meeting may be called at any time by the President or Secretary or by the decision of the executive committee, or on a requisition made in writing to the secretary by at least five members. Subject to Rule 11 hereof it shall be competent at such meeting to discuss any matters raised by members over and above those for which the meeting was specially called to discuss.
9) Where this constitution does not otherwise provide, all meetings shall, in the absence of the President and vice-President, be presided over by a chairman to be elected by the meeting. Such elected chairman shall have a casting vote as well as a deliberative vote. A quorum at any general meeting shall be six members.
10) If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the Club there remains, after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever the same shall be given or transferred to some other organisation or organisations having similar objectives of the Club, such organisation or organisations to be determined by the members of the Club by Resolution passed at a general meeting at or before the time of dissolution, and in so far as effect cannot be given to such provision then to some charitable object.
11) This constitution shall only be altered or added to by decision of a majority of members present at a general or extraordinary general meeting specially called for that purpose.